Monday, October 12, 2009

MOVIE NIGHT DEBUT...

I received a few inquiries asking if we can include middle-schoolers... 
I will oblidge.  BUT we definitely will have to get PARENTAL CONSENT.

HOW DID IT GO?

WELL! Rocky start!  The biggest question that seemed to be circulating was, " What is this?  Is it going to be lame?"   But I only got this from the homefront.  At first, we had several participants.. I thought we were to have at least 12, but something happened.. Not sure what. Well maybe, I do know... My daughter seemed to think that a few people might think its " lame"  and spread it around CHS; and even shared her thoughts with a choice few.. including her brother who shared his displeasure with his sister's ramblings others.  I am starting to think that maybe the paradigm called " teenager anxiety disguised by attitude"  has interfered with an evening of teenage fun...

 

We had nine camberley children. They sat, talked, laughed and viewed the movie.  We had hotdogs w/ the works, my "famous dip"  w/ tortilla chips (I'll make you some), and popcorn.  


Coach Carter was cool and the kids seem to like it, as evidenced by several " That was a good movie".  With 30-minutes to spare the children played the WII and " chilled".


Because several Y2K & beyond teenagers were a little leary, I didn't initiate reflections... Fear of a " lame"  or " corny"  closure led me to allow for free time among the masses.


I simply asked... "  So is it ok if we do this once a month?"  A collective " yeah" gives way to the inaugural... CAMBERLEY TEEN MEET MOVIE NIGHT!!!


It was agreed that next month we will watch "FREEDOM WRITERS".



No comments:

Post a Comment